It’s about 6 months since I posted anything, in spite of me living in a state about to be invaded by Lycorma (Jersey) and having a decent collection of Fulgora in general (I should post photos). I doubt anyone reads this blog, besides myself.
Here are some news articles about invasive Spotted Lanternfly:
- Woodpeckers die when stuck on Spotted Lanternfly traps. June 24, 2019.
- Spotted lanternfly wiping out vineyards in Southeastern Pa.. June 24, 2019.
- Got Spotted Lanternfly Eggs on Your Tree? Send ‘Em Through the Wood Chipper. June 20, 2019. Or maybe Fire.
- CAN TINY WASPS CONTROL SAP-SUCKING FLIES TARGETTING US VINES?. June 19, 2019. As long as they don’t also kill cicadas, I’m happy.
- Could ‘native fungal pathogens’ help in fight against the spotted lanternfly?. Published on June 15, 2019.
- Quarantine issued in part of Virginia for invasive insect. May 30, 2019. West Virginia.
- Predilections of a destructive pest. May 24, 2019. Pennsylvania.
- Alien defeated by native fungi. May 9, 2019.
- Michigan experts: Invasive bug a sizable threat. April 22, 2019. Michigan.
- Destructive plant pest thwarted by two native fungi. April 29, 2019.